If you are using Apple Mac and you want to find saved WiFi password on Mac that you have already saved, there are methods, and we decided to make this article in order to help you and provide you all relevant ideas so that you won’t go to service and pay an extra fee for that case.
How to retrieve already saved Wi-Fi password on Mac?
No matter where you are you can connect to the internet because of Wireless network possibilities and numerous devices that are compatible with it. However, the first time you enter the password, it gets automatically saved and every time you enter in the area of connection it will remember and connect without even asking. If you have ever wondered how to find out what is the password that you have connected to, there are ways that could help you retrieve it.
We present you steps that will help you show Wi-Fi password on Mac computers:
- The first thing that you have to do is to note the name of the network that you are connected by clicking on Wi-Fi icon, and you will see that your computer is already connected because it remembered before, but that doesn’t mean that you know the password of that particular network.
- Click command + space and you have to type Keychain in the bar. This particular utility is great and it is built into Mac computers in order to store all passwords that you are using the system.
- The next thing that you have to do is to open Keychain Access and you will find the network listed and if you won’t be able to find it at the glance, there is integrated search bar at the top and you just have to manually input the name of the network and in a matter of seconds you will have all relevant information that you need.
What if I don’t know my Wi-Fi password?
Every internet connection comes with a router that allows you to connect and to find the relevant connection that you need and you have to know that all routers have their own IP address, name, and password that goes with them.
There is a possibility to find your network name and password at the bottom of the router and it often looks like this:
- Network Name (SSID): XXXXXX
- Network Key (Password): XXXXXXXX
There is a possibility to have in user manual or Internet provider sheet that will help you retrieve your own password and username. If you don’t know how to find it and you have already tried the steps from above, the next thing that you have to do is to call your provider and to ask them for help. You can visit this link https://wifipasser.net/ to find the password with just one click.
There are numerous ways to find saved Wi-Fi password on Mac, however, we presented you the simple way that doesn’t include any additional tool that you have to install and if you are in public then just ask someone of the password and you will be able to connect to other devices in a matter of seconds.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or your own suggestion how to deal with this particular problem, just comment in the section below so that all viewers and readers could see what you had in mind.