Developers over sxtp have released the build (FK23) of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on Samsung Epic 4G Touch that appears to be final build that will be officially available some time in the near future as an over the air (OTA) update.
How to Flash Jelly Bean Build FK23 on Samsung Epic 4G Touch:
- Download the stock tar file: TAR.MD5 (link), Odin and the Drivers.
- Install the drivers, reboot if prompted.
- Unpack the TAR.MD5 file from the 7zip archive (the actual TAR.MD5 for flashing should be roughly 8XX.XXMB).
- Start Odin by right-clicking on it and choose “Run as Administrator”
- Go into Download Mode (power off the phone, then press and hold Volume Down + Power then press Volume Up).
- Plug in the phone, make sure Odin recognizes it (first box should light up, indicating a device was found).
- Click the PDA button and chose the stock tar file you downloaded earlier.
- Click Start.
Odin, drivers and other resources required to install Jelly Bean Build FK23 4.1.2 on Epic 4G Touch are available on the forum thread.